Major Fixes and Changes¶
Unreal Engine 5 Support¶
The Genvid MILE SDK now officially supports Unreal Engine 5.0.
Minor Changes and Other Fixes¶
- [documentation] Corrected the description for
GenvidEventto refer to ‘event’, rather than ‘stream’ or ‘data stream’.
- [sdk] Fixed an issue where data and video resource management led to video stuttering.
- [sdk] Fixed a network communication issue where sending frames on a socket would generate errors, leading to reconnection issues and video stuttering.
- [sdk] Added the
genvid.sdk.framedroppedto differentiate why a frame was dropped.
- [sdk] Added the
genvid.sdk.videocapturependingmetrics to observe the efficiency of the automated video capture.
- [sdk] Updated an undocumented metric to prevent it from
genvid.sdk.framesentto show incorrect results. The newly-named and documented metric is called
- [sdk] Fixed an issue where the SDK would not reconnect to Composed following a Composed restart.
- [web-sdk] Fixed a path issue for types in
- [web-sdk] Fixed an issue preventing the web client from loading the video player.
- [toolbox] Fixed an issue where the game server image didn’t reset its IP when restarted after being stopped.
- [toolbox] Added
genvid-amifor creating a Docker host using the Genvidtech Server AMI.
- [toolbox] Fixed an issue where
genvid-clusterswas always returning an error when called on certain commands.
- [toolbox] Fixed an issue where nomad was having too many open files when logs and status were accessed frequently. Incremented the open file limit in the Systemd service file for Nomad.
- [ue-plugin] Fixed an issue where the default base path was ignored when handling REST requests.
- [ue-plugin] Fixed an issue where the Bastion Jobs API was being used instead of the Cluster Jobs API.
- [ue-plugin] Removed the unused member
- [unity-plugin] Added the command-line argument
-DisableVideoDataSubmissionThrottling, which improves video streaming for games with fluctuating framerates.
- [unity-plugin] Removed base-path configuration support from the C# REST DLL to prevent confusion between the base path and base URL. See the Upgrade Notes for more information.
- [aws] Fixed an issue causing the ephemeral drive to not be properly formatted on a game machine.
- [azure] Fixed an issue where Terraform would throw an error when some instance-type counts were set to 0 in Azure.
- [bastion] Fixed an issue where the base path was incorrectly set when users accessed the Bastion API Help pages.
- [hashi-ui] Fixed an issue where the wrong path was selected when doing a health check for Hashi UI.