Major changes in this version¶
Reduced transport bandwidth in data pipeline¶
By using a binary format and removing many duplicate packages, while still preserving the guarantee of the latest data frame being available, we have greatly reduced the bandwidth usage between the server and the web client, which should improve the experience of the viewer with low bandwidth connection, especially at the start of the connection.
The Cluster-UI is our latest UI to have been moved to the Material style. We also made the following changes:
- Additional colour codes and icons to indicate the Config sync status
- Cluster-UI and Bastion-UI now use different colors for improved identity
Minor changes and other fixes¶
- [python] We upgraded our Python installer from 3.5.3 to 3.5.4. This release contains some security and bug fixes for Windows. We recommend to upgrade from https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-354/
- [nodejs] We upgraded our Node.js installer from 6.9.1 to 8.11.3 LTS. This version of Node.js contains important security fixes. We recommend you to upgrade from https://nodejs.org/en/download/.
- [bastion-api] Added linksdef API to Bastion API.
- [bastion-api] Added linksdef edit page on Bastion-UI and its link bar in jobs page.
- [bastion-api] Fixed retrieval of Consul-UI link address in Bastion API (the Consul-UI page wouldn’t open because the link address was empty).
- [bastion-api] Infrastructure/Terraform: It is no longer possible to apply a plan that has failed.
- [nomad] The Nomad policies and roles are now set during the genvid-sdk setup from the local directory instead of the Terraform directory during the provisioning.
- [vault] We now expose Vault-UI by default.
- [vault] Vault’s root token and keys are saved in the Bastion’s Vault instead of the server. NOTE: This increases security but will require that you re-run genvid-sdk setup if the server reboots.
- [toolbox] Fixed a problem with
NetworkTool.get_external_ipsometimes returning an invalid value (usually
126.96.36.199), creating an invalid
trusted_cidrvalue in the global Terraform variables. We now use
https://checkip.amazonaws.comby default, which can be set using
- [toolbox] Added a
genvid-bastion installto override the current services’ configuration.
genvid.toolbox.ConsulTool.get_servicenow only returns services having the “passing” state. You can set the
passingargument to false to get the previous behaviour.
- [composed] Fixed a memory leak which occured when we were composing with multiple sources.
- [youtube player] The data is now in sync when the viewer opens a web view.
- [studio] Fixed a problem with audio mixer. The mixer always used the audio source source-0, regardless of the selected source.
- [studio] The monitor’s latency was reduced to 300 ms.
- [documentation] Added missing documentation about “wait command” endpoint.
- [samples] For easier development, all samples now default to the same default
GENVID_COMMAND_SECRET. It is still strongly recommended to modify those values before running on an exposed network.
- [unity sample] Fixed a bug happening upon termination.
- [ue4 cube sample] Fixed an autoplay issue that caused an overlay to not be displayed.
- [ut4 sample] Cheers no longer changes the camera when not in player follow mode.
- [unity prefab] Fixed an issue that prevented automatic capture to work.