Employment at Genvid
Genvid is one of the hottest new gaming startups, with operations in the United States and Canada. We are a team of game industry veterans, working with some of the biggest partners in game publishing around the world.
We occasionally have positions open in Montreal and elsewhere. Check back regularly or follow us on Twitter.
Genvid Technologies Canada seeks a Office Manager who will work with our US team and help us craft and administer the necessary core administrative policies to ensure that our Montreal location maintains a positive and productive office environment.
You will be a key person supporting the growth of a company creating revolutionary new game broadcasting tools.
You will work closely with the founders and management team across US and Canada, as well as our various staff to ensure that everyone has the necessary tools to perform their daily tasks.
As part of the above, you will help us:
- Establish office processes and standards of operation
- Assist in monthly bookkeeping for US and Canadian accounts
- Manage and track office expenses and order office supplies
- Work with external service providers to manage payroll, employee expenses account and accounts payables/receivables
- Help prepare documents for government reporting, incentive applications and financing
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Negotiate and manage office insurance contracts
- Make travel arrangements for employees as needed
- Coordinate HR interviews, help onboard new employees, employee files, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the management team
- Help coordinate company events
- Diploma in accounting/business administration or equivalent business experience
- 3 years of experience as an office manager (in a similar environment a plus)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and enjoy finding solutions for issues as they arise
- Experience working in a startup environment and setting up procedures and structures a plus
- Knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides or equivalent
- Experience with accounting software (Quickbooks a plus)
- Experience of bookkeeping in multiple currencies (US, Canada)
- Experience with HR policies in Montreal (US a plus)
- Initiative and the ability to understand other people’s needs
- Empathy, enthusiasm and appreciation of work well done
- Strong sense of diplomacy, confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to prioritize effectively and be proactive
- Strong customer service skills for both internal and external clients
- Keen attention to detail
- Bilingual, excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and French)
- Keen interest in games & streaming a plus.
- Desire to work at a fast-growing startup, with all of its rewards, responsibilities, challenges and potential